Address: Technische Universität Wien, Technical University of Vienna
Wiedner Hauptstraße 8-10, 1040 Vienna, Austria
Building’s Name: Technische Universität Freihaus
How to get to the Conference Venue? Use the map to find your line road.
- Taxis are available outside of the international arrivals terminal. Average fares to the center of Vienna within 30 – 45 minutes are Euro 35,- to Euro 40,-.
- The new “CAT train”(City Airport Train) leaves in 30 minute-intervals between 05:40 a.m. and 11.30 p.m. daily. Cost: Euro 11, take CAT (City Airport Train) to the the station Wien Mitte/Landstraße. From there take the Underground Train U4 direction Hütteldorf to the station Karlsplatz.
- Take the train (“Schnellbahn”), line S7, direction “Floridsdorf”, to station “Wien Mitte – Landstraße”.
Change to underground line U4, direction “Hütteldorf”, to station “Karlsplatz”. Leave the station at exit “Karlsplatz” and walk to Wiedner Hauptstraße 8 – 10 (Freihaus).
The Freihaus is a modern building with a glass facade. It is right next to a tram station.
- Underground stations
– U1 / U2/ U4 Karlsplatz (go in direction Technical University, 5-10 minutes)
- Tram stations
– Tram: Line 2 (station Julius-Raab-Platz), Line 0 and 1 (station Hintere Zollamtsstraße)
Arriving by car:
- Vienna can be reached easily by car via a number of highways from many directions (e.g. from Munich via Salzburg and Linz). The city has excellent rail connections from the west (Munich), the north (Prague), the east (Bratislava , Budapest) and the south (Graz , Venice)
- As there are so many places where you may visit us from and we cannot give you information on all of the routes, we recommend to use the Map – Road Guide. Please make sure to use Wiedner Hauptstraße 8-10 as your arrival street.
To download Vienna’s map click here