Plant Genetics and Breeding Technologies
Welcome to the International Conference on "Plant Genetics and Breeding Technologies"!
The main aim of the International Conference "Plant Genetics and Breeding Technologies" to be held in Vienna on February 1-2, 2016 is to bring together academy and industry to highlight and evaluate modern Plant Genetics and Breeding Tools and Technologies, define perspectives and establish strong bridge between academy and industry and multilateral collaborations.
Vienna is located in the heart of Europe on the banks of the Danube River, and considered one of the most important economic, cultural and touristic large cities of central Europe. Apart from providing top science, the Conference will capture the spirit of the city thanks to the central location of the venue, offering a multitude of cultural events just minutes away.
The International Conference "Plant Genetics and Breeding Technologies" will cover the following research topics:
• Heterosis breeding
• Plant Genetic Populations & Population Genetics
• Polyploidy in Plant Genetics & Breeding
• Haploids and Doubled Haploids in Plant Genetics & Breeding
• Molecular Breeding tools: "Omics" & Arrays
• Molecular Markers & Marker Identification Technologies
• Mapping of Plant Genes & Map Based Cloning
• Genomics Assisted & Marker - Assisted Breeding
• Molecular Plant breeding
• Genetics & Breeding of Quantitative Trait Loci
• Modelling & Simulation of Plant Genetics and Breeding
• Genotype-to-Phenotype modelling
• High-throughput Plant Phenotyping
• Breeding for Important Traits
• Emerging New Technologies & Innovative Breeding
*The list of invited speakers has yet to be confirmed.
Approximately 300-350 participants are expected to attend this exciting scientific forum including almost 40 lectures delivered by worldwide known invited speakers and young, talented speakers selected from submitted abstracts. The program combines plenary lectures, poster sessions, a unique Conference Dinner Party and sightseeing tours of Vienna.
Dr. Bradley Till (IAEA, Chair, Scientific Programme)
Prof. Andreas Bachmair (University of Vienna, Chair, Scientific Programme)
Prof. Alisher Touraev (VISCEA, Local Organizer)