Plant Model Species: Fundamentals and Applications
Welcome to the International Conference on "Plant Model Species: Fundamentals and Applications"!
International Conference "Plant Model Species: Fundamentals and Applications" will discuss biology, genetics, molecular biology and biotechnology of modern plant model species and their new application in crop improvement
Vienna is located in the heart of Europe on the banks of the Danube River, and considered one of the most important economic, cultural and touristic large cities of central Europe. Apart from providing top science, the Conference will capture the spirit of the city thanks to the central location of the venue, offering a multitude of cultural events just minutes away.
This three-day event will provide leading academy and industry scientists a platform to communicate recent advances in "Plant Model Species: Fundamentals and Applications", and an opportunity to establish multilateral collaborations.
The International Conference "Plant Model Species: Fundamentals and Applications" will cover the following model species, their biology, genetics, molecular biology and biotechnology:
• Rice (Oryza Sativa L.) – Monocot Model for Breeding and Biotechnology
• Tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum L. ) as a model vegetable
• Model tree: Poplar (Populus trichocarpa L.)
• Moss (Physcomitrella patience L.) as a Model for Fundamental Plant Science
• Brachypodium distachyon and Setaria viridis as a Models for Monocot Grasses
• Lotus (Lotus japonicas L.) as Models Beans
• Tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum L.) – Old, but still easy to handle
• Rapeseed (Brassica napus L.) – biotechnology crop
• Emerging model plant species
Approximately 300-350 participants are expected to attend this exciting scientific forum including almost 40 lectures delivered by worldwide known invited speakers and young, talented speakers selected from submitted abstracts. The program combines plenary lectures, poster sessions, a unique Conference Dinner Party and sightseeing tours of Vienna.
Prof. Klaus Palme (University of Freiburg, Chair, Scientific Programme)
Prof. Andreas Bachmair (University of Vienna, Chair, Scientific Programme)
Prof. Alisher Touraev (VISCEA, Local Organizer)